Announcing XTS [New Format Feedback & Discussion]

Greetings World Bladers!

After an XTENSIVE discussion within the Organized Play team, we're finally ready to announce the latest XTREME format: The XTS or Pencil Fight Beyblade format!

After being introduced in 2011, the Extreme Top System (XTS) has been under the radar for most of the WBO's competitive history. We'd like to give Organizers the chance to XPERIENCE this XTREME format for themselves, XPECIALLY when XTREME Beyblading is at an all-time peak in Blader interest.

In order to provide development feedback to help perfect the ruleset, this format is now available for all Organizers to host XPERIMENTAL events.

FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS

While the following Beyblades are currently permitted, we're keeping a close eye on these as we fear they may become problematic:
  • Tornado Destroyer
  • Striker Drone

Tornado Destroyer has been topping events due to its dual-spin capabilties, and Striker Drone remains a popular deck option due to its heavy weight. Consequently, we will be taking XTRA precautions and watching these Beyblades as XPERIMENTAL events occur. Changes to the banlist will be made according to the XPECTATIONS of the community.

STADIUM LEGALITY

In keeping with the spirit of the manufacturer's intentions, the following XTS stadiums are recommended for play:
  • Dragon's Den Stadium
  • Graffiti Den Beystadium
  • Half-Pipe Beystadium
  • Lion's Lair Stadium
  • Meteor Fire Beystadium
  • Rip Grind Beystadium

However, we are also considering the legalization of following stadiums for the sake of accessibility:
  • Bolt Blast Stadium
  • Burning Firestrike Stadium
  • Lightning Force Stadium
  • Max Stampede Stadium
  • Mobile Beystadium
  • Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium
  • Super Vortex Beystadium
  • Destroyer Stadium
  • Striker Stadium
  • Triple Battle Beystadium
  • Cosmic Pegasus Beystadium
  • Darkhelm FX Beystadium
  • Destroyer Dome
  • Hades Gate Beystadium
  • Mobile Beystadium
  • Volcano Vortex Beystadium
  • Blazing Dojo Beystadium
  • Cyclone Beystadium
  • Salamander Cyclone Beystadium
  • Beyblade Legends Beystadium
  • Super Vortex II Beystadium
  • Octagon Showdown Beystadium

While there has been some discussion regarding the legalization of Takara Tomy stadiums, and even the use of Burst stadiums, we kept our choices to this shortlist for the sake of brevity during the experimental period. In the future, we may add more stadiums to this list as we reassess accessibility options for Organizers.
Super excited for this one, going to have to pick up some extra stuff, though I'm not sure if I want to grab striker drone with the risk of it being banned. Only have L Drago Energy Drain at the moment though so definitely need to grab something!
(Apr. 01, 2024  5:36 AM)th!nk Wrote: Super excited for this one, going to have to pick up some extra stuff, though I'm not sure if I want to grab striker drone with the risk of it being banned. Only have L Drago Energy Drain at the moment though so definitely need to grab something!

I think worst case scenario is Striker Drone gets moved to Ranked Clauses. If Organizers and Bladers want to still play with Striker Drone, that is their choice. It's arguably a way to make the format even more accessible, like HMS, MFL+, or Hasbro Burst, since you only need to buy a very specific set of 3 Beyblades to compete at the highest level.
Finally, a format for me
(Apr. 01, 2024  5:20 AM)KIO Wrote: Greetings World Bladers!

After an XTENSIVE discussion within the Organized Play team, we're finally ready to announce the latest XTREME format: The XTS or Pencil Fight Beyblade format!

After being introduced in 2011, the Extreme Top System (XTS) has been under the radar for most of the WBO's competitive history. We'd like to give Organizers the chance to XPERIENCE this XTREME format for themselves, XPECIALLY when XTREME Beyblading is at an all-time peak in Blader interest.

In order to provide development feedback to help perfect the ruleset, this format is now available for all Organizers to host XPERIMENTAL events.

FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS

While the following Beyblades are currently permitted, we're keeping a close eye on these as we fear they may become problematic:
  • Tornado Destroyer
  • Striker Drone

Tornado Destroyer has been topping events due to its dual-spin capabilties, and Striker Drone remains a popular deck option due to its heavy weight. Consequently, we will be taking XTRA precautions and watching these Beyblades as XPERIMENTAL events occur. Changes to the banlist will be made according to the XPECTATIONS of the community.

STADIUM LEGALITY

In keeping with the spirit of the manufacturer's intentions, the following XTS stadiums are recommended for play:
  • Dragon's Den Stadium
  • Graffiti Den Beystadium
  • Half-Pipe Beystadium
  • Lion's Lair Stadium
  • Meteor Fire Beystadium
  • Rip Grind Beystadium

However, we are also considering the legalization of following stadiums for the sake of accessibility:
  • Bolt Blast Stadium
  • Burning Firestrike Stadium
  • Lightning Force Stadium
  • Max Stampede Stadium
  • Mobile Beystadium
  • Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium
  • Destroyer Stadium
  • Striker Stadium
  • Triple Battle Beystadium
  • Cosmic Pegasus Beystadium
  • Darkhelm FX Beystadium
  • Destroyer Dome
  • Hades Gate Beystadium
  • Mobile Beystadium
  • Volcano Vortex Beystadium
  • Blazing Dojo Beystadium
  • Cyclone Beystadium
  • Salamander Cyclone Beystadium
  • Beyblade Legends Beystadium
  • Super Vortex II Beystadium
  • Octagon Showdown Beystadium

While there has been some discussion regarding the legalization of Takara Tomy stadiums, and even the use of Burst stadiums, we kept our choices to this shortlist for the sake of brevity during the experimental period. In the future, we may add more stadiums to this list as we reassess accessibility options for Organizers.

Peak.
i love tornado leone
(Apr. 01, 2024  1:59 PM)Sky_shu Wrote: This is such an elaborate format

Yes I agree

(Apr. 01, 2024  2:43 PM)Friedpasta Wrote: i love tornado leone

Yes I agree
Finally, a format where I can use my first beyblade! This is perfect‼️

I am quite concerned about Tornado L-Drago though. Might have to test that one 🤔
add Mobile Beystadium to the ranked stadium list then we’re really talking
Meet me at the skatepark.
Tornado L-Drago is definitely a problem