Beyblade X Blade Stat Spread and thoughts

Hi y'all! It's me, bladekid, or Dr.bladekid now ig. Did some testing with the X blades I have and made a Lil StatSpread with some of my general thoughts! Now, keep' in mind that these aren't absolute, just what I've noticed from testing, so I may update these and I may be wrong, so take this with a grain of salt! It's a bit complicated, but I have a key for what each stat mean, so take a look at that! As always, feel free to ask question and give your own input, I'd love to discuss!

*Key: 

Atk: General attack ability overall
Base: How strong the normal hits from it are
Critz: This refers to the random strong hits a bey can get. The Stat is how strong strong/common these hits are
Recoil: How much self knock back a bey takes from hits
Def: General defensive ability overall 
KO: How easy it is to KO
Burst: How easy is it to burst
Resist: How well it maintains stamina after getting attacked 
Stam: General stamina ability overall
Raw: How long its uninterrupted spin time is
Longevity: How well it maintains stamina when in battle 
Stability: How well it does against getting knocked off balance, how well it knocks other beys off balance, and how well it restablizes itself

KnightLance: 
Atk: 6
Base: 5
Critz: 7
Recoil: 4
Def: 5 
KO: 5
Burst: 3
Resist: 6
Stam: 7
Raw: 6
Longevity: 7
Stability: 7

General thoughts: 
  • Doesn't crit too often, but very strong when it does
  • Raised shape leads to higher burst risk
  • Takes hits well most of the time, but has devistating results if it Critz 
  • Kinda unbalanced 
  • Really good longevity in stamina V stamina
HellScythe: 
Atk: 5
Base: 5
Critz: 4
Recoil: 7
Def: 6
KO: 6
Burst: 7
Resist: 7
Stam: 8
Raw: 7
Longevity: 7
Stability: 8

General thoughts: 
  • Safe and consistent stamina type that does well in most situations
  • Very good stamina V stamina since it's amazing stability and Longevity, but if hit hard, it may be KOed 
  • Doesn't take hits as well as WA, but takes them more consistently due to low Critz
  • Hard to burst due to its underside 
WizardArrow: 
Atk: 3
Base: 4
Critz: 6
Recoil: 2
Def: 7
KO: 7
Burst: 4
Resist: 3
Stam: 9* (7)
Raw: 10 (8)
Longevity: 5
Stability: 5

General thoughts: 
  • Can have the highest stamina in the game, but only if it's an A4 mold 
  • Has good defense due to smooth shape, but since it doesn't actively deter attack beys, it will take a lot more hits than others, meaning higher crit chance 
  • Very good raw stamina, but hard hits drain it fast since it's light 
  • Can destabilize things well, but gets destabilized more often than not 

That's all for now, but I'm working on more, so stay tuned!
This is really in-depth! I'd be curious if you could potentially provide video or some of the combos you used to test each blade, so that way there could be a point of reference to how you're deciding the number values of each stat. I do personally have two concerns with these stat spreads. 1. Ratchets and bits absolutely influence how burstable a Bey combo is (as well as other properties), so unless you are using the same exact combo each time for testing, it wouldn't be accurate to attribute these stats solely to the Blade. 2. I honestly got more succinct and usable information about each Blade from the "general thoughts" section on each one. Curious to see more of these though! It's nice to have something akin to the stat spreads on the back of the boxes that's actually based on grounded testing rather than simple marketing.
Its nice to see someone sharing some thoughts on their beys but I think your stat spread is way too wide, a lot of the stats you have listed are essentially the same thing. Atk, Base and Critz are all just measuring a beys ability to do damage or attack but if you wanted to split the attack stat you could list a beys upper attack and its smash attack separately. Def and Resist are essentially the same thing, a beys ability to take hits, Burst Resist is primarily determined via the ratchet and bit combination ie: an 80 height with an aggressive tip provides the highest burst resistance. Stamina and Longevity are the same thing, Raw spin time and Stability cannot be accurately determined without a full combo as both of these stats are more significantly affected by the ratchet/bit than the blade.
(Nov. 15, 2023  5:45 PM)yumi Wrote: This is really in-depth! I'd be curious if you could potentially provide video or some of the combos you used to test each blade, so that way there could be a point of reference to how you're deciding the number values of each stat. I do personally have two concerns with these stat spreads. 1. Ratchets and bits absolutely influence how burstable a Bey combo is (as well as other properties), so unless you are using the same exact combo each time for testing, it wouldn't be accurate to attribute these stats solely to the Blade. 2. I honestly got more succinct and usable information about each Blade from the "general thoughts" section on each one. Curious to see more of these though! It's nice to have something akin to the stat spreads on the back of the boxes that's actually based on grounded testing rather than simple marketing.
Burst isn't solely on the ratchets or bits either, as some blades just do burst easier than others like KL due to its raised shape. And yes, it is listed as if the rachet is the same, as this is only for the blades, not the beys themselves. I have stat spreads for for bits and rachets too, that's where burst is more in depth. Yeah, that's what the general thoughts are there for, to give a more practical overview of performance. Stats are more how it achieves that. Thanks for reading and your feedback, I appreciate it!!

(Nov. 15, 2023  10:39 PM)Shaady Wrote: Its nice to see someone sharing some thoughts on their beys but I think your stat spread is way too wide, a lot of the stats you have listed are essentially the same thing. Atk, Base and Critz are all just measuring a beys ability to do damage or attack but if you wanted to split the attack stat you could list a beys upper attack and its smash attack separately. Def and Resist are essentially the same thing, a beys ability to take hits, Burst Resist is primarily determined via the ratchet and bit combination ie: an 80 height with an aggressive tip provides the highest burst resistance. Stamina and Longevity are the same thing, Raw spin time and Stability cannot be accurately determined without a full combo as both of these stats are more significantly affected by the ratchet/bit than the blade.
Alright, so a few things on this: attack, defense,  and stamina are just the stats that sum up its general performance, not as much their own stat. Base and critz are not the same at all, and if you test enough you can for sure tell how and when they differ. Like KL really doesn't hit all that hard unless it gets a crit, whereas dransword has a much stronger level of attack when it doesn't crit, but its crits just aren't that much stronger than when it hits normally.  Upper and smash don't really change much actually, an upper and smash hit will do roughly the same thing in context to X, as burst resistance isn't determined by the layer like in burst, and the heights aren't nearly as different as mfb where it those two types of hits would cause you to drastically change heights (think low lightning for upper and R145 for pegasus).  I'd argue they're important, but smash and upper are still going to do the same thing: that being KO the opponent. Defence (which again, is overall performance, and non specific) and resistance aren't even close tbh, you can be hard to KO and still lose a bunch of stamina per hit. Also 80 heights are almost always worse for burst resistance as it just exposes the contact points even more. Stamina (refer to the defence thing I said) and longevity aren't the same either. The best example of this is WA VS KL, as WA loses the MU a lot of the time despite having better raw stamina, and that's just because KL is able to maintain its stamina better due to it not being as light. Stability and raw stamina can absolutely be determined without the bit, some blades are just more stable and some blades just have better raw stamina. While the bits are (in your opinion, more of) a part of it, its like saying that the blades attack power can't be accurately determined because needle and flat move differently. This system is used in conjunction with the rachet and bit stat spreads to paint a picture of how a bey will perform generally, so each part plays a role. It's like if I said phantom as a wheel has a 10 in raw stamina, if you put it on RS, its still gonna have more stamina than anything else on RS. If you raw test a proper mold WA on ball, HN, K, O, or whatever, its still gonna have the best raw stamina compared to testing equal setups with other blades. And say we take stability: a high stability part is going to be better on certain bits due to it being more stable, as going off balance will reduce more stamina with some bits when compared with others, so its quite an important distinction to make.  I do really appreciate the feedback, as it helps me know how to better explain these points in the future, so I thank you for your thoughts!

(Nov. 15, 2023  5:45 PM)yumi Wrote: This is really in-depth! I'd be curious if you could potentially provide video or some of the combos you used to test each blade, so that way there could be a point of reference to how you're deciding the number values of each stat. I do personally have two concerns with these stat spreads. 1. Ratchets and bits absolutely influence how burstable a Bey combo is (as well as other properties), so unless you are using the same exact combo each time for testing, it wouldn't be accurate to attribute these stats solely to the Blade. 2. I honestly got more succinct and usable information about each Blade from the "general thoughts" section on each one. Curious to see more of these though! It's nice to have something akin to the stat spreads on the back of the boxes that's actually based on grounded testing rather than simple marketing.
And I do plan on making a video for this, this was actually just kinda me putting out the "loose script" in a sense haha