Beyblade X competitive discussion: Is Needle better than Ball?

Hi guys! 

I decided while a lot of people have not received their Beyblade X products yet, why not do some testings alone. It also gave me an idea of creating my own blog. There was no dedicated Beyblade X thread so I decided to post it here.

This study examined the differences between Needle and Ball bit for Beyblade X. Three different beyblades Wizard Arrow, Knight Shield and Hellscythe were all tested with 4-60, 3-80 and 4-80 ratchet against Dransword 3-60F. I predicted that while Needle is stated as a defense bit in its stock combo with the defensive Knight Shield and Ball bit is stated as a Stamina bit in its stock combo of Wizard Arrow, Needle would be heavily outperformed against attack. As our results indicate, Needle consistently performed poorly against Attack type beyblade while Ball fared significantly better. When comparing the results of ratchets with different heights (such as 4-60 Needle against 4-60 Ball) the results did not significantly differ against the attack type beyblade. Needle consistently performed worse against Ball regardless of ratchet height or shape suggesting that performance in the testing was more dependent on the bit rather than ratchet being a factor.

Needle

Wizard arrow 4-60 won 3/10 times, 4-80 won 3/10 times, 3-80 won 5/10 times

Knight Shield 4-60 won 3/10, 4-80 won 5/10 times, 3-80 won 6/10 times

Hellscythe 4-60 won 4/10, 4-80 won 5/10 times, 3-80 won 2/10 times

Avg win ratio 36/90 (40%)

Ball

Wizard Arrow 4-60 won 6/10, 4-80 won 6/10, 3-80 won 7/10

Knight Shield 4-60 won 7/10, 4-80 won 4/10, 3-80 won 7/10

Hellscythe 4-60 won 6/10, 4-80 won 5/10, 3-80 won 7/10

Avg win ratio 55/90 (61.11%)

I have a full detailed breakdown as well, including the methodology in case anyone wants to read it. The link to my blog post is:

Is Needle a better bit than Ball in Beyblade X? (skynet-intel.blogspot.com)

EDIT: I have updated the blogpost to add more detail

Have a great day and Thank you for giving me your time :)
very nice breakdown, i would love to see how it fares against a different attack type such as dranzer spiral with low height
For sure, I can definitely test that out! Usually I avoid Dranzer because I don't want to damage it, but will definitely test it sometime
(Jul. 29, 2023  11:55 AM)kopaja2 Wrote: very nice breakdown, i would love to see how it fares against a different attack type such as dranzer spiral with low height

It won’t do much honestly, I tested it and its same spin and attack power are the worst of all the X beyblades. The only point I’ve heard somebody make is its better upper attack power than dransword. Although the weight, stamina, and speed isn’t enough to make it better than dransword.