Regarding paint and asthetic customizationtion

So I've read the rules over and over again multiple times to be sure but there's nothing concrete about what constitutes a contact point. I'm wanting to do a bit of light paint and still have it tournament legal. It says no paint where the beys connect to each other. It states as long as it doesn't affect performance paint is legal as long as it's light and doesn't change or affect contact points. It states no paint on the contact point but what defines a contact point since each bey has different points based on the model. I'm thinking that the tops of the blades should be fine for custom work since it's not the main contact point as well as certain areas on the side. Sorry if I'm being a bit vague but I want to make it look cool I just don't want to put in the work and then being disqualified. Can a member of staff chime in on this and offer something concrete?
I think there is a bit of confusion here, so let me help provide my own interpretation of the rules. My assumption is you are talking about Beyblade X so we will focus on that ruleset for this post.

Here is the rule on painting, because that is what you are concerned about:

Unofficial paint/clear-coating on Blades Wrote:Unofficial Paint/Clear-coating on Blades: Painting or clear-coating your Blades for aesthetic reasons is permitted. The coat must be light, non-textured and not affect the Beyblade’s performance. A coat also cannot be added in places where the Blade connects to other parts of the Beyblade (Ratchet, etc.). If the Judge determines your Blade does not meet these standards, you will be obligated to switch out the Blade for another version of the same Blade. If you cannot, you will be given a match loss.

This is the rule you should be concerning yourself with.

Your coat of paint cannot:

1. Affect performance. This sounds abstract, and perhaps the wording should be even clearer, but whenever we talk about "affecting performance" we mean in a demonstrable way. Technically everything "affects performance" to some degree, but in an overwhelming majority of cases these are not to the degree that a human can reasonably measure or even point to as a reason for a technical advantage/disadvantage in battle.
2. Be added to a place that connects to another part of the Beyblade (ex. plastic base of a Blade, Ratchet, or a Bit shaft). This is just, at its core, the above rule but made case specific.

For example if you were to apply thick coats of paint to a Bit shaft, inner ring of the Ratchet, or plastic connector base of a Blade, these kinds of modifications could have demonstrable impact on a given Beyblade's burst resistance. You could measure it. It would burst X% less than the same setup unmodified.

The same is not quite true of something like a light coat of paint.

A very thick coat of paint that blunts edges or insulates metal parts of the Blade? Well, that kind of change could be measured. Said Beyblade will KO/be KO'd less. It may even be a detrimental change, too. We don't discriminate on net positive/negative performance changes.

The following reference is made in regard to to "contact points" and aesthetic modifications, and I think our only reference to it:

Marking Parts Wrote:On a Blade: Anywhere besides the Blade’s contact points, or where the Ratchet makes contact with the Blade’s underside.

This is a rule held over from before we decided that paint was once again OK, as we were initially trying to adopt Takara-Tomy rules 1:1. This was our version of their visualization of acceptable areas for marking. Very early on B4 also banned paint (save for very select areas where you could gently mark), but that changed when Takara-Tomy started releasing products with paint pre-applied. They are a company first, game governing body second, this is a fact that often gets swept under the rug.

Contact points are, as you said, hard to qualify with 100% accuracy. Technically any part of a Beyblade can come into contact with another. "Intended" contact points are another matter, and are subjective assertions of where/how a Blade should come into contact with an opposing Beyblade. Takara-Tomy may release a Blade that is intended, by design, to hit on a specific part of the Blade. We may use it in combos or ways that try to take advantage of a different part of the Blade for more favourable results. Very subjective, and the above marking rule's point should have the first half of that sentence removed entirely.

I hope this helps you understand what is or isn't OK based on my interpretation of our Organized Play rules.
No I understand those were pretty much all of my concerns.I just didn't want to type all of that out.I was trying to make it short Enough so that everybody can Understand. What you said mirrors a lot of my own thoughts And I think i'm going to Start with a few repeats of x beys. I've got a friend that does a lot of really intricate gunpla Custom painting and fitting So He's pretty good with being able to do a lot of design with very little paint.